Thursday, July 20, 2006

ALMS Round 6 - Predictions


Overall:
I say Dyson. I know. It's crazy. Okay, Audi. God I wish they could be beat.

LMP1: Audi then Dyson then Audi then Highcroft. This is as close as Kirkland, Washington resident Bryan Willman will get to a home race: he will be racing for more than points this weekend.

LMP2: Porsche, Intersport, Porsche. Weird call? Probably, but I know this track and the Porsche drivers will be fast, but they have been getting over-aggressive lately and I think they are due for a incident.


GT1: The incredible 9 race winning streak of the #4 included Sebring and Le Mans, but began here as I cheered them on last year. I'm for the four! I don't think this class will be a 1-2 win though, I think the Astons and the Vettes will be staggered. Too bad Saleen has nobody racing ALMS this round.

GT2: Porsche has always showed extremely well here, and last year Panoz sucked, so I am calling Alex Job Racing or the #45 Flying Lizard. I think a Risi will be on podium, but unless Panoz has improved drastically, they'll be sweeping the bottom. I think BMW could do well too, but I don't expect a podium from them.


Analysis: These are my final calls. I may change my mind based on qualification, but I will be at the race and unable to update this site until after I return. Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home