Friday, January 04, 2008

2nd Best Racing Car Of 2007

Peugeot 908 RC


Oh sweet sweet closed top LM cars, how I do love thee. And Peugeot has made a damn pretty and a damn fast one. So why does the 908 deserve to be the winner this year?

1. Looks:


2. Purpose: This is an Audi-Killer and I can get behind any Audi-Killer out there.

3. Performance and Results: The car is brutally fast, and showed it, again and again. They won all six LMS races and got two podium places in three of those races. That is good. And they pulled a podium at Le Mans.


But why did it not take the top spot? Because the team didn't give the car its due. They didn't come out and say, "We want to win Le Mans this year," they said, "We are developing a car this year that we hope will win next year." Bull-Shit. That's not racing. Racing is saying, "I'm going to go faster than you and be sportsmanlike on the track," and that's it.

YouTube Links:
Maiden race and maiden victory
The first laps at Paul Ricard
2nd race and 2nd win
Onboard at Le Mans (part Audi)

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As much as I love closed-top Le Mans Prototypes, I can't really say I like the Peugeot's looks. Perhaps I'm still bitter that it looks nothing like the beautiful LMP concept the showed in Paris prior to the 2007 racing season.

Still, a good nomination for Racing Car of 2007.

9:19 AM, January 10, 2008  
Blogger Anonymous the Younger said...

Yeah, I agree, the prototype was much better looking. I anticipate this car winning best RC of 2008, but who knows, perhaps some new secret piece of machinery will blow everything else out of the water. Yeah. Right.

-aty

10:52 AM, January 10, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, there is an Aston Martin-powered Lola (bonus points for being an LMP coupe) to challenge the diesel superpowers at this year's endurance event. I highly doubt that they will pull off the upset, but you know who I will be cheering for in June!

9:49 PM, January 10, 2008  
Anonymous Manish Patel said...

I like sports car, i always watch formula racing.

10:13 AM, November 17, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home