Monday, February 05, 2007

Best Racing Car Of 2007

After much debate, it has been decided.








Even though I may not have been the most supportive fan to begin with, I changed. I watched them start with problems like every team and car does, but they overcame those problems to pursue the top spots in every race and remain uncontested in their own field. That speaks to the strength of the Penske racing team as a whole. That is a damn fine team. Though I hate the paint job, the car is beautiful. Though I was rooting for another, the car and team both demanded respect.



They took down the R8 (below). Had a good go at the R10. Played their cards smart -- didn't push it until the end. They took everything in stride, and proved the car's worth. The ALMS season was superb last year, and this car helped.



Good luck this year to all the drivers of this car, as well as Dyson Racing and Penske Motorsports in the brand new Porsche RS Spyder Evo (2007). I hope to see Dyson at Le Mans in this beauty:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

[Hey, it's B.P. from U. of Illinois]

Another good read, and an excellent choice for race car of the year. I must say, I was cheering for Intersport the entire season, but I have to respect the efforts of Porsche and Penske. They really contributed to a good 2006 ALMS season.

I like the exterior changes that Porsche has made for the 2007 season, and the fact that a couple of these will be in the hands of the Dyson team really makes me like this car even more. Hopefully they will have more luck in the LM P2 class, and maybe they might even get that precious win against Audi with their new weapon. Who knows... go Dyson!

Brian

9:40 PM, February 07, 2007  
Blogger Anonymous the Younger said...

I agree completely. I too was cheering for Intersport. I too am looking forward to Dyson is one of the two top cars. And the new one is beautiful.

A little over a month until race day.

And GT2 is looking interesting too. A new car posting fastest times at Winter Test? That's pretty cool. This could be a better year than last.

-ATY

8:28 AM, February 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home